People were kind. This is good. I thank them for helpful comments and sparing of my self-respect. I think my monster is now looking reasonably attractive. It might not be a thing of holiness, but it shouldn't scare the villagers.
Also, here is another strange thing that my cameraphone spotted, this time in the library. It hasn't come out beautifully, despite my edgy Photoshop skills, but yes, that is a drinks machine. No, there doesn't seem to be an exception for bottled water.
- The Female Eunch. Brilliant when it's angry (which is most of the time), dull and outdated when it tries to be statistical.
- Short stories by Chekhov, Oates and Nabokov
- 'Mysteries' - why you shouldn't go on holiday with someone who's read The Da Vinci Code
- An opening for something with the working title of Greeks Bearing Gifts. It's like Howard Jacobson for gingers. Only rubbish.
- A story about why you shouldn't take fencing too seriously.
* This metaphor should not be taken as a suggestion that short stories can kill your friends, fiancés and family.